Monday 28 March 2011

Franz at the Science Centre!

Hello everyone,

On Thursday, Kirsten took me on a trip with some of the other trainee teachers to the Dundee Science Centre called Sensation.

Kirsten, Amanda and some of the other students have been studying an ICT (information and communications technology) module, where they have been looking at ways we can use technology in schools to enhance learning. Another group of trainee teachers like Kirsten and Amanda have been studying a science module where they have been looking at how to teach science effectively in schools.

The two groups of trainee teachers spent some time at the Science Centre, bringing their knowledge of science and technology together.

At the Science Centre, the students looked at ways in which they could use technology to engage the children when learning about science.

I spent the morning helping Kirsten and Amanda...


Here is a photograph of me inside a human nose with Amanda!



This is a photgraph of me helping Kirsten to use the buttons to move a robot. It was really fun!




Below is a photograph of me playing the reaction game. The game lasted 30 seconds and I had to watch carefully and push the correct red buttons when the light came on. The game tested to see how quickly I was able to find the correct button and press it. Kirsten wasn't very good at it!!



This is a photograph of me standing next to a skeleton. I helped Kirsten and some of the other students to complete a quiz, finding the correct parts of the body.



Below is a photograph of me inside a monster's mouth - I wasn't even scared! 


At the end, Kirsten took me to play on the climbing frame.


I really enjoyed my day out at the Science Centre and I hope you enjoyed reading about it.
After the trip, I said goodbye to Kirsten and I am now going to spend some time with Amanda.
I wonder where she will take me...

Best wishes,

Franz

No comments:

Post a Comment